Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Insane...

 I have been training for a half marathon
It is a huge goal of mine
I got close once but then got pregnant
I have been training again since March

I was doing really good
I was on the right track
I got up to eight miles pretty quick

The second time I ran eight miles 
something happened to my knee
I don't know what yet so I am taking a break from running
But not for long only until I can get some new shoes
I need more support


I think I am going to go to one of those specialty places that tell you what shoes you need
for your type of foot and for how you run
Have any of you gone to one of those places? 
Is it worth it?
What was your experience with them?

I am still hoping to be doing a half this year
Now that I have posted that goal
I feel like I am obligated to do it now
I like that :)

So since I am not running right now
And my gym membership at the U has expired 
I am doing this....
For the next 54 days
I have tried it once before 
I kinda did it for a month
I did it for about 30 days but not in a row so it doesn't count
But this time...this time it is going to be different

Because my cute friend Elyse!
She asked me to do it with her
She is in Cali for the summer 
But we started the same day and are following the same schedule 
So I feel the support as if we are doing it together

We started last Monday May 9th 
Already on Friday May 14 I had a super crazy morning and just didn't want to do it
But I knew Elyse would so I did
I did it at 1 pm when little M went down for a nap
But I finally did it 
Even though 1 pm is about the hardest time of day to exercise

Later I found out Elyse had a hard day that day too and almost didn't do it
that day but knew I would
See we are keeping each other on track even without being in the same state

THE TRAINER
 Everyone meet Shaun T...Shaun T meet everyone
He is going to be my best friend everyday (except Sunday its my rest day)
for the next 2 months
He is hard core
He is going to make me lose some weight....I hope
Sometimes I hate him
Sometimes I love him

THE WORKOUT
 Shaun T took traditional interval training and flipped it on its head—you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. The result: burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour 

THE SCHEDULE
It is as simple as that
You just follow the calendar
It tells you what DVD to do each day

I put an X through each day after I complete the workout

The best part about this workout for me
Is I got it for 1/3 the price that they normally charge you
I hoped onto KSL classifieds (my best friend)
and found a never been opened brand new 
Insanity package Including
10Workout DVDs
The calendar schedule
The Elite nutrition plan
and the fitness guide

for only $40.00 It is so worth it
That is about how much I would spend at a gym for two and half months 


Watch this video you will be hooked
To learn more about Insanity go HERE

You can also Email me or leave a comment for any questions
I will be honest tell you my experiences and answer your questions

Hopefully I will get through the 54 more days
Wish me luck!

Oh and stay tuned for a fab First giveaway coming up SOON!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely 100% worth it to go to a speciatly running store and have them fit you. You will be amazed! The wrong shoe can cause injuries. I hope you are able to meet your half goeal!! :) I have done insanity too and that is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've convinced me. I'm going to start Insanity on Monday. :) I'm a little worried about my knees - I've had troubles with them to the extent that I can't run at all anymore. We'll see how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the motivation to be Insane :) I sure could use the workout. Good for you for training for a marathon. That's so awesome! Thanks for the blog visit and kind comment. We love sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed on the specialty running store. Worth it!

    You'll have to let me know how Insanity is... I have TURBO FIRE and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed! Excited to hear about the marathon experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog:)
    Stop by and join the blog hop, we choose one blog to feature the following week.

    My husband goes to Striders in Layton. They fit him for the shoes he uses for his half marathons, as well as for the Xterra trail run.

    Hope your knee feels better soon
    Amanda Joy
    www.joyinthejumble.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I have seen an ad for those videos and I wanted to do it. It looks really hard! YES, totally got to a speciality running store. Also, if your knees keep bugging, I should give you the name of the Dr. that finally figured out my problem. Have fun with the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be careful while doing Insanity. Your form needs to be perfect, and even then the routines can be very tough on your knees. I also wouldn't recommend any running while doing Insanity.

    That being said, if you do the full two months and "dig deeper" as Shaun T says, your legs will be much stronger. Hopefully that will prevent injury in the future!

    Specialty store is the way to go. Make sure they watch you run, as a lot of people tread differently when they run than when they walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truely an insane story. Some might find it wrong while some might find it motivating. But, its all about personal choices. Such stories must be put forth in front of wider audiences. You can create a website with the help of a good Dental Website Company after which you can form a campaign that includes Dental SEO Services, Marketing through PPC for Dentists, Social Media Marketing for Dentists, Dentist Online Reputation Management and many more Dental Marketing Services to improve your reach to the right audiences.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover