Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing (Cafe Rio)

Back at the beginning of the month
Hubby and I decided it would be fun to celebrate Cinco De Mayo 
With some delicious Mexican food and our favorite dressing


We made chicken tacos
I get cook the chicken and shred it
Then I get this delicious season mix 
because it is cheap and yummy


Once the chicken was all ready 
you add the amount of water it calls for 
on the packet and the mix
And your yummy chicken is complete
Easy Peasy right?!


Now onto the Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
The best part in my opinion

Here is what you need:
1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing
1 Cup mayo
1 Cup buttermilk (the smallest carton is perfect)
1 bunch of cilantro
2 tomatillos husked (I didn't even know what these were until this dressing haha)
1 jalapeno (take the rib and seeds out)
Garlic powder (just a few shakes)
juice from 1 lime
First Put the mayo, dressing mix, buttermilk, and garlic in a blender 
and mix until blended all together
Then you will cut up all the greens
Tomatillos, jalapeno, cilantro and juice the lime
Then you will add all the green ingredients 
and blend until mixed all together and creamy
Then you will let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 min

And then it looks like this...
mmm it is so simple and all you dirty is a knife and blender
This stuff is seriously so good
I just made some again today just to keep in my fridge 
for my lunch salads :)

This is also yummy on top of some yummy homemade cafe rio pork salads ;)


While the chicken is being cooked and the dressing is being prepared
We made some delicious rice to put inside or on the side
I just used the Fajita rice a roni
It was perfect for this meal
just the right flavor
and not too spicy
I am not much of a super spicy gal just a little


Then we got all the toppings ready
Chicken, rice, guacamole (made by my sweet hubby he makes the best),
cheese (of course), lettuce, limes to squeeze on top for some extra goodness,
tomatoes, sour cream, salsa and of course the dressing
Wrapped up in a warm delicious tortilla


And there is all the goodness with some chips on the side
and some Mexican soda of course
We just got it at Dans and it was delicious
Apple and Grape were the flavors


We quite enjoyed this meal while we watches us some 
recorded shows we were catching up on

Cinco De Mayo is also a special day for husband and me 
because that was the anniversary of our first kiss
It has been 4 years since we took our best friendship
to the dating level :)

And just because here are a few of my sweety Baby M


He was loving some of the chicken tacos and Dressing too
He is such a good eater
and it is so much fun to be able to give him what we are eating for dinner now


Poor little sunburnt cheeks from the zoo earlier that day
I'm a bad mom and forgot the sunscreen :(
Never again it made me so sad


But even with his first sun burn he was one happy boy that day
Not much can get this little one down
which makes me very happy


Do you see these jammies?!
Aren't they adorable
I love the little shorts 
I could just eat this boy up


And one last one of Little M at the zoo earlier that day 
with his uncles, mommy and Grandma Leanne 
He is so rockin those glasses don't you think
I got them at target for $1 wahoo!

Hope you all have a beautiful day and don't forget to write 
the delicious recipe down
You will thank me later I promise

This yummy dinner and dressing is linked up to all the parties 
in my "Where I link" tab up at the top of my page and here



Todays Creative Blog

Thanks for stopping by here:

23 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm definitely giving this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM~ looks delicious!
    thanks so much for stopping by & leaving a comment on my gallery wall ~ i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy - I love taco seasoning too! Thanks for the comment on my trellis canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dressing looks delicious. I have to try it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh. We're sisters at heart. Did you see my cafe rio knockoff salad??? It has the sweet pork and the creamy tomatillo dressing! :) Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds yummmmy..thanks for sharing:)

    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cafe Rio is the best...thanks for sharing!

    I would LOVE if you would link up your recipe to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} Linky Party! We're also hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to sign up! :)

    Briana @ Sweet Peas & Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! Want to pop some in the mail for me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just talking with a friend about the AMAZING salad dressing at Cafe Rio! I saw your post and was so excited! Thank you for sharing your recipe. I linked to your post on my Friday Favorites over at Calico and Cupcakes so other readers can find your blog and try your recipe too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is Cafe Rio? I'm in Houston and have never heard of it but this dressing sounds AMAZING! I'm printing the recipe right now. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg looks yummy! :D your kid is so cute! :D Lovely blog!
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, this looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soooooooo yummmy!! I want to try this. Thanks for the recipe.

    Would love to invite you to link up this great project at Nothing But Country - Creative Creations link up party. It closes tonight. And we will feature projects on our blog this coming Tuesday and reopen with another party as well. Hope you will join us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cafe Rio salad dressing is the best dressing in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum, looks great!! Your kiddo is adorable!!
    New follower from http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the recipe - I am totally going to make this!! Once I figure out what a tomatillo is :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to let you know that your project has been featured today at Nothing But Country. Thank you so much for linking up with us.

    We have a new link up party this morning as well would love if you could participate again.

    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh love! I'm adding these to my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds delicious! Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so excited to try this dressing! Do you by any chance know a cafe rio sweet pork type recipe??!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi all at tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com. What you thinking about chicken recipes? rnexample: rnApple brandy chicken, made with chicken breast halves, apple brandy, cream, onions, and butter, along with mushrooms. rn 4 chicken breast halves rn rn salt and pepper rn 8 ounces sliced mushrooms rn 2 teaspoons olive oil rn 2 teaspoons butter rn 1/3 cup apple brandy, such as Apple Jack or Calvados rn 4 green onions, chopped rn 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream rn 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme rn rnPreparation: rnFlatten chicken; place chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound until thinned out and uniform in size. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add chicken breasts. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned, then turn. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Add green onions and apple brandy and cook for another minute, until chicken is cooked through and mushrooms are tender. Add cream and thyme; simmer until thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. rnHave you else any ideas? [url=http://freerecipesforchicken.info/]recipes for chicken[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made this and linked back to you! It was fabulous! Thanks for the recipe! We LOVED it!
    -Nikki
    Chef In Training
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much! I used your recipe for the ranch dressing on some sweet pork salads that I made and it was delicious. I appreciate you taking the time to share. Yum! My mouth is watering as I am thinking about it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover