Monday, October 1, 2012

{Day 1} 31 Days of Health and Exercise Oct. 2012

 Every Year the Nesting place hosts a series called 31 days 
This is her third year and I am super excited to be 
participating in her link up this October

Basically anyone can join in, 
just pick a topic and write about it every day for the month of October
Think short posts with one point made each day
Anyone who is participating goes to the Nesting Place to link up 
their 31 days series on October 1st

Day 1: See below
Day 4: Water
Day 6: Running
Day 15: Pushups  
Day 17: Abs
Day 25: Breakfast 
Day 27: Crossfit 
Day 30: No Excuses 
 
{Day 1}

October is my favorite month I love the fall weather,
fall colors, fall decor, fall clothes, Halloween and it is my birthday month 
so what better way to celebrate than to share my 31 days with you

I really wanted to participate in this series 
I thought it would be a lot of fun
although it would be a lot of work, planning, putting myself out there
and hoping and stressing that it is good enough content 
people would enjoy reading 
But that is a risk I am going to take
I am going to focus on just having fun with this 
and hope you follow along with me 

So after thinking long and hard about a topic
I decided on something that means a lot to me and is a big part of my life
Something that I love and want to share 

so.... my 31 days series is: 

A mommy's life...with a touch of Yellow- 31 days of health and Exercise

 First I am going to share a little bit about me and why this topic is part of who I am.
 Lets start from the beginning
My parents put me in dance and tumbling when I was a little girl
And just like most little girls out there, I loved it
The dance was fun but I took right to the tumbling and you 
could say I had a bit of natural talent in that department 
When I turned 8 I started gymnastics 
From the moment I stepped foot in that gym, put my first leotard on,
met my first coach, and had my first class I was hooked
From the time I was 8 until I was 18 it is safe to say
 Gymnastics was MY LIFE!  
 I was working out 4 hours a day, 5 days a week
I was fit, lean and strong 
I loved to be in shape 
It was just part of who I was

A mommy's life...with a touch of Yellow- 31 days of health and Exercise-Day 1
 (2004)

My goal was to be a college gymnast and to make a 
long story short I got injured (fractured my back) my senior year in high school
and being a college gymnast just wasn't in the cards for me anymore
As devastated as I was I got over it, stayed involved in coaching gymanstics
and most importantly my love for exercising and being healthy stayed with me 
Now 8 years after my gymnastics career has been over 
I learned I love to run, I love the gym and I 
love to make up workouts  
it is a part of me.

A mommy's life...with a touch of Yellow- 31 days of health and Exercise-Day 1
Because of this love for exercising I 
studied and graduated with a bachelors from SUU
in Physical and Health Education
 I just completed my student teaching in those two areas 
April of 2012 and I absolutely LOVED it
I am not teaching yet because I am choosing to be a stay at home mom right now 
but hope to be teaching PE and Health not too far in the future

I love the high school age and have a passion for sharing 
how to be and stay physically fit not only in their school years 
but to use the skills and knowledge the rest of their lives
I have also thought about getting certified  as a personal trainner 
but we will see 
so what is 31 days of health and exercise going to entail?
Starting October 1st and going through the rest of the month
 I am going to be writing a post everyday
 of different subjects within health and exercise such as tips and tricks
 of both health and exercise, healthy recipes, resources
 and some great workout ideas

A mommy's life...with a touch of Yellow- 31 days of health and Exercise-Day 1
I just had my second baby 6 weeks ago and I am 
excited to get back into the groove of regular Health and exercise
so this series is also going to help me along 
and motivate me to get back on track as well
I will still be having other posts this month including
Halloween decor ideas, recipes, crafts and giveaways 
so I might have more than one post in a day so make sure to 
check back to see what is going on over here at
 A mommy's life...with a touch of Yellow

I hope you enjoy this series,
get motivated and maybe even learn a thing or two :)
I also hope that you will comment, ask questions
and provide any topics YOU want me to cover
in these next 31 days :)

 Also don't forget I have a giveaway going on right now
for one FREE entry to the Running Scared 5 and 10k run!
If you like to run or just want to dress up
and have fun come enter this awesome giveaway
HERE


4 comments:

  1. Excited to see what you have in store for the 31 days! I have a 3 month old at home and cannot not get in the groove of working out. I hope the tips and tricks can get me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started (okay re-started because I gave up the first...4 times...) the Hip Hop Abs program because I really, really need to start getting more exercise, not to mention start living a healthier life. I'm pretty excited to see your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from 31 Day Challenge and i have to say I just love your blog layout it's super cute! Also loving the "pin it" buttons, nice touch:) I too am blogging about the same topic and have started this weight loss journey! I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 31 day theme!! Also, your site design is super nifty, and it makes me happy. So, I'm looking forward to following your posts. I'm in the middle of my own health-and-exercise challenge, so I need all of the inspiration and encouragement I can get, yes? Yes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover