Sunday, October 28, 2012

{Day 28} Exercise to Relieve Stress


{Day 28}

New here? Make sure to check out day 1  and my introduction to my 
31 day of Health and Exercise series for the month of October
Thank you for reading and coming along with journey with me
I hope to inspire and motivate you through this series  

 Today I am going to talk about 
Using exercise to relieve or reduce your life stresses 

 We have all had times we feel like this:
  STRESSED
(Me, way more than I would like to admit 
I am a stress case and don't handle it so well )

 But want to feel more like this:
 CALM  
am I right?!

So why not try some of this to do the trick:
 EXERCISE

 Exercise increases your overall health and your sense of well-being, 
which makes you feel good
  Exercise also helps to reduce stress in your everyday life 
Life is full or stresses, some good (new baby, getting married)
 some bad (losing a job, finances), some small and some big 
 but non the less full of stresses and they can be hard to deal with 
To benefit from exercise, it needs to be regular
Exercise needs to be part of a daily routine

Here are some ways exercise reduces your stress levels:

It pumps up your endorphins
 Physical activity helps to bump up the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters, 
called endorphins (this is the chemicals behind the "runners high") 
Although this is often referred to as a runner's high,
 a game of tennis, weight lifting, yoga
 or a nature hike also can contribute to this same feeling.

It acts as Meditation or a Distraction
 After a fast-paced game of racquetball or several laps in the pool, 
you'll discover that you often forget the day's irritations 
and concentrated only on your body's movements
 As you begin to regularly shed your daily tensions through movement
 and physical activity, you may find that this focus on a single task, 
and the resulting energy and optimism, 
can help you remain calm and clear in everything that you do
 Exercise usually involves a change of scenery as well, 
either taking you to a gym, a boxing ring, a park, a scenic mountain,
 a biking trail or a neighborhood sidewalk, 
all of which can be pleasant, low-stress places

It can improve your mood
 Regular exercise can increase self-confidence 
and lower the symptoms associated with mild depression and anxiety
 Exercise also can improve your sleep, 
which is often disrupted by stress, depression and anxiety

It can decrease stress about overall health
 While stress can cause illness, illness can also cause stress, 
with the physical pain, missed activities, feelings of isolation and other costs that come with it
 So improving your overall health and longevity with exercise 
can also save you a great deal of stress in the short run 
(by strengthening your immunity to colds, the flu and other minor illnesses)
 and the long run
 (by helping you stay healthier longer, and enjoy life more because of it)

It can be a resilient to your future stresses 
   Research suggests that physical activity may be linked 
to lower physiological reactivity toward stress
Those who get more exercise may become less affected by the stress they face
 So exercise may supply some immunity toward future stress 
as well as a way to cope with current stress

 I dont know about you but I am a major stresser
I just don't deal with it all that well 
I get sick over it, I lose sleep over it and some times I just feel like I 
can't take anymore but exercise is my favorite way to relieve that stress
going for a run or to the gym helps me to not only get away from 
the stress but to clear my mind and help me to 
think through the things that are causing me stress
clearing my mind so I can focus on what is truly important and solve
my problems, or find the answers I am looking for 
Exercising just plan and simple makes me FEEL BETTER 
Try it next time you are stressed and see what you think

 Come back tomorrow for another Health and Exercise Tip
And make sure to check out the previous posts of this series HERE
You don't want to miss anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover