Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy Peasy Wood Pumpkin


 Last year I bought an unfinished wood pumpkin a
The Wood connection and forgot I had it so when I took out my fall 
decor this year there it was still unfinished in my storage box so of course I 
had to get my craft on so I could put it out this year
and it has got to be the easiest pumpkin craft I have ever made and it is so cute   
 
 What you need:
-Wood block and stem from Wood connection 
I got the wood cut and sanded for only $3 
-Brown and orange craft paint
-Sponge brushes
-Ink pad
-raffia, ribbon, and ricrac
-tacky glue

What I did:


 I painted the wood block orange and the stem brown
I did two coats on each



After the paint was all dry I used tacky glue to attach the stem
let it dry for about a half hour or so

To complete the look I took my ink pad distressed the edges 
and added some raffia, ricrac and ribbon I had laying around in my craft supplies 
and tada you have an easy peasy pumpkin for your fall and Thanksgiving decor
and it only cost me $3 (price of the cut and sanded wood) since I had all the other supplies 
 It goes perfectly on my little CD storage shelf

Linked up HERE 

Thank you for your support, reading and following

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the distressed look you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much I just used an ink pad it took about 10 extra seconds for a more finished look

      Delete
  2. Super cute and super simple! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Whit! Love it! And so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with easy projects that turn out cute :) craft night?????

      Delete
  4. Love this cute little craft idea! Your right this would be pretty simple...I just may have to try this out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes for sure try it and let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  5. I am on my way over to link up

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wood Connection has to be one of my very favorite stores, but I don't think that's much of a secret. :) I love your pumpkin! The distressing on it is just perfect! What kind of ink pad did you use? The ones I have don't go on that dark.
    Amy @ The Happy Scraps

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover