Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How Crossfit Helps me Cope with Depression and be a better Mom- {My Mommy Style}

I am super excited and feel very honored to be apart of the My Mommy Style youtube channel series. From day one of me meeting these girls I have looked up to them and am in awe of everything they can do. I love how real they are and that I can relate to their lives and stories. I have had the privilege of hanging out with some of them and they are the most down to earth sweet ladies that I feel lucky to call my friends. As I was at one of their houses filming, first of all I was so nervous and they calmed me right down. Then after the filming we were just talking and I burst into tears, you know just the life stuff and stresses and that day was one I just couldn't hide my feelings and they just stepped right up, gave me advice, gave lots of hugs, let me cry to them, and even sent me with some amazing chocolate chip cookies. I love you girls and I am so thankful you let me be apart of this and contribute to your wonderful blog today.


I didn't know what to expect when I got to Camille's house to film. I was so nervous I almost turned around to go home. I had no idea what to say and to be honest I didn't know why they chose me to share my story. Did I really even have a story? I just felt like any other mom out there. Nothing super interesting or out of the ordinary. Camille kept reassuring me that I did have a story and something to share I still had no idea how this was going to go, what I was going to say or seriously just wanted to say I'm not cool enough for this. After a deep breathe the cameras started cute Camille and Janae just started asking me a bunch of questions. We talked about my blog, why I started blogging, then it turned into my love of fitness and why I love it so much and then it just kinda slipped out I answered a question saying something about post pardum depression. I was like wait did I really just say that? Is that ok? Do we talk about this? How will other moms respond? And then the conversations just kept going. I told my story. I had a story. I felt inspired to share it, I don't know where it came from but I hope it can just help at least one mom out there struggling with this.


 Crossfit and fitness in general, is my mommy time out, it is my me time and it is what helps me to cope with depression, baby blues when my babies were tiny and everyday struggles. There are two things I want you all to gt from my story, That is so weird to say, first, that depression is not something to be ashamed about, it is ok to talk to someone in fact you should and there is no shame in it. Second, It is so important that you get your you time, time for yourself, yes it is a little selfish, but after that small selfish time, you are a better mom, dad, friend and partner and then you can take the rest of the day to helping others and your family.

Thank you again My mommys style for helping me find my story and for encouraging me to share it. Every Monday at 2 oclock there will be a new mom sharing her mommy style on My mommy style's youtube channel so make sure to follow along and check back to their blog and channel.




I would love to have you follow me on Instagram
@WHITNEYULRICH
to see all my fun pics, my real life, fitness, fashion ideas
and sneak peaks of what I've been working on

Make sure to check out my other social media sites and follow along
 {links below}

Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover