Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Snicker Bars...mmmm

Ok so this recipe is to Die for
I just have to start out the post with how stinkin amazing these really are
Everyone will love them
They are perfect for a family get together
a party or just a yummy dessert to share with your honey
I am going to show and tell you how to make these yummy homemade snickers
Get so excited and make these for your family
I am telling you they taste just like the real deal but even BETTER
I first found the recipe HERE and modified it to work best for me

Here are the Ingredients 


-1 bag milk chocolate chips
-1 bag butterscotch chips
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (divided)
-1/4 cup butter
-1 cup sugar (not pictured)
-1 7 oz jar Marshmallow cream
-1 can evaporated milk (1/2 cup)
-1 tsp vanilla (not pictured)
 -1 1/2 cup salted peanuts
-1 14 oz. bag kraft caramels
-cooking spray

Here is what I did:


1st layer
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter


Melt all all three ingredients together in the microwave
Stir every 30 seconds until it is all melted and creamed together
Spread into a greaser 9 X 13 glass pan
Put in the fridge to cool while you make the other layers
The chocolate layer will thicken while cooling


Nougat Layer
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

 

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat
Then add the sugar and evaporated milk 
Stir this mixture consistently for 3 minutes over medium heat to dissolve the sugar
The mixture will begin to thicken and follow spoon 
Remove from stove and stir in the marshmallow cream, peanut butter and vanilla
Mix until smooth
Spread over the first layer of chocolate covering the whole pan


1 1 /2 cups salted peanuts {chopped }
chop your peanuts 
(I just put them in a plastic baggy and took a hammer to them so they were in smaller pieces)
then sprinkle evenly on top of the nougat layer

Caramel Layer
1 14 oz. bag of Kraft Caramels
1/4 cup evaporated milk

Unwrap all the caramels, put them in a bowl and add the 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
Melt the mixture in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds 
until it is all melted together and smooth
Carefully spread over the peanuts



Top Layer
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter


Melt all all three ingredients together in the microwave
Stir every 30 seconds until it is all melted and creamed together
Spread evenly over the caramel layer
Put in the fridge to cool
The chocolate layer will thicken while cooling 
Cut into bars and serve with some  ice cream
they are super rich 
Keep leftovers refrigerated

My sweet Maddux walking his grandmas dog Sparky 
around the house 
while waiting for our delish dessert to set in the fridge
Great way to work it off baby :)


Oh my heavens do you see this?!
It is making me want to make them again
my mouth is watering for the goodness 

Seriously though the day I made them 
Us and my in laws had them for dessert 
{They LOVED them}
Then on Labor day my family had some for dessert
{They LOVED them}
and the next day Ty and I finished them off for a night time snack
while catching up on some shows
{And this was all from one batch a 9X13 pan}


Try them out for yourselves 
you will be hooked
I think I will be making them for hubbys law school friends next
Ty has been talking about them and they really want to try

This recipe is linked up to these parties
and HERE

Todays Creative Blog

HookingupwithHoH

The DIY Show Off



This week I was featured!!!!
Aw I get so stinkin excited when that happens

IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

HOH featured my Burlap Ruffle Wreath HERE
Seriously she is so sweet
She sent me a cute email telling me she featured me
and told me I deserved it
Just those simple words meant the world to me
Thank you Allison for the feature
Also thank you for all the kind words you have sent me lately



Organize and Decorate Everything


Organize and Decorate Everything {ODE}also featured my
Burlap Ruffle Wreath HERE
 I am so so excited to be featured and she said she LOVE it
Have I ever told you how much I LOVE to be featured?!
:)
Thank you so so much you made my day
and thank you for always being willing to help me 

Thank you all for reading, commenting and following
Your support really means the world to me

Also Remember tomorrow is Friday
So get excited for my "This weeks Pinterest Loves" tomorrow

8 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy! I must give it a try for our family night very soon! Thanks for sharing Whit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks heavenly and dangerous!! I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you! We are having a fish fry tonight and I think I will make these for dessert..they sound amazing and who doesn't love snickers honestly..especially homed ones! Can't wait...sure hope my microwave starts working so I can make them...haha thanks love..I may be kickin ya later after I eat the whole pan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy!!! Those look SOOO good! I will def have to try them!

    And thank you so much for featuring my pillows last week! I was so excited! I love your blog & will def be linking up again!!

    xo
    Baylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes i really hate that lucas is allergic to peanuts! this looks soooo freakin' amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I love Snickers-well any sweets really:) I can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!! These look delicious and dangerous! I can't wait to try them!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover