Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kitchen Organization

So I am excited to be participating in the New Years Organization Revolution Challenge with Organize and Decorate Everything along with some other amazing organizational bloggers. They have a new space and Challenge each week and then based on votes there is a first, second and third place winner for each challenge. Last week I organized my office space you can find that post HERE. This weeks Challenge is Kitchen.


My very favorite way to organize especially in my kitchen is by labeling. And labeling can be done cute like my baking good jars above. I got these plain black jars for my wedding 5 years ago and recently decided they needed a little spicing up plus this way I would know what is in each jar. I just made these with my silhouette cutting machine and some vinyl. I love the way they turned out they act as decor along with being functional.


Next I do not have a pantry which is really hard and sometimes a pain so I have to make sure I keep all my my food organized and put like things together. Everything having its place is key to organization especially when you have a small place to do so. Put box things together, pastas together, treats together, chips together, breakfast together, baking goods together and canned goods together. Everything needs its place remember that. It is very important for your kitchen to be functional since you spend so much time in there.


All of my warm big appliances all go in the big drawer next to our stove.


In this drawer also next to the stove I keep our recipes, aprons, towels, place mats and paper goods.


Each self has its own category. Top-Storage containers, Middle-Drinks, and Bottom-baby goods



Like plates and like bowls together putting the ones we use the most on the bottom and the ones we use the least up at the top

Cups I have plastic and sippies on the bottom because we use those the most, glasses in the middle and fancy glasses at the top since we don't use those everyday. Again remember function and usability while organizing. Putting things you use the most in easy to reach places.


The lazy Susan has water bottles, mixing bowls and mason jars with the ones we use the most in the front. 



Containers in drawers is key to keep your silverware and other kitchen utensils organized and looking nice. I love my silverware organizer it keeps it nice and easy


My favorite place for my big utensils that I use while cooking is in a canister right next to the stove. They are ready to use for when I am cooking up something scrumptious for dinner or dessert. 


I  like to have my small appliances on my counter top because I have the room, there is a place for them, I use them a lot so I like to have them out and because they are cute. Don't you love the red. There is nothing wrong with having things on your counter as long as it has a place, looks nice and doesn't look messy. You want it to look like it is supposed to go there.


Up on the fridge we keep a little white board that has each day of the week on it and we write down our meal plan each week so we know what to expect to eat that day and so I can see each morning what preparations need to be made ahead of time for each meal.


In my kitchen over on the side counter top next to the fridge we have a little mail station where we keep our mail, documents we need quick access to, pens and pencils for menu plans and grocery lists, the check book, address books and a little dish with our keys, extra change and other odds and ends in it.

Out odds and ends dish inside the mail organizer. Its the perfect place for our keys so we don't lose them. 
Organize & Decorate Everything

I am excited to be participating in this challenge all month and can't wait for an organized and dejunked home. Thank you for this fun challenge. If you want to participate click on the button above and it will give you all the details to get started. I hope to see your organized spaces linked up. Also I would love you for ever if you could support this challenge by voting each Friday. And of course it would be awesome if you wanted to vote for my space :)

This post is linked up HERE
If you would like to vote for me go to this link and I am entry #84

Thank you for your support, for reading and for following
Make sure to check back tomorrow and Friday for some cute winter Decor ideas. 

Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Contact Me

1 comment:

  1. I haѵe been еxploring for a bit for any high quality articles oг
    blοg posts on this kіnd of house . Exploring in Yahoo
    I finally stumblеd upοn this wеb sitе.

    Ѕtudying this infоrmation So i'm glad to convey that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

    Visit my site best-retweet.com
    Here is my webpage :: tweet promotion

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover