Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wooden {Love} Letters


Are you getting excited for Valentine's Day? It is one of my very favorite Holidays to celebrate and decorate for. What is better than celebrating love. For our husbands, our kids, our parents. Love is all around. And yes we should be showing those we love that we love them everyday of the year, but why not just have one day to focus on it even more?! Today I am so excited to be starting off some Valentine posts I have in store for you this week with these super, fun, easy and cute wooden LOVE letters tutorial.

Supplies I used:

-Wooden letters. (Wood connection) ok this is where I saved some money though. So you can get their adorable kits that have all the letters ready for you or you can pick your own letters or if you are like me and like cute but love to save money were ever you can you go to the back and check out their .99 cents boxes. I got all these letters in that box so the letters only cost me $4. Next time you want something at wood connection make sure to check that box first.
-Scrapbook paper (wood connection)
-craft paint (in the colors to coordinate with the paper you want to use) I used pink, an off white and red for small wooden heart
-Mod podge
-sponge brush
-Sand paper
-Bakers Twine
- Lace Ribbon
-Wooden heart (Wood connection)

What I did:


1. First I painted the letters the colors that would go with the paper for each letter. I painted the sides and the back. You don't have to paint the back. I am just a freak and just like to have it all finished. I didn't paint the front of the letter since the paper would be covering the front. Make sure to let the paint dry all the way before you start the next step


The papers I chose for my letters. Cute right?!


2. Next I cut the paper down to be closer to the size of each letter.


3. Then I covered the front of the letter with mod podge and placed the paper on top. Using a credit card to smooth it out and get out any bubbles. Then I placed it upside down putting all the pressure down onto the paper so that it dries smooth.


I did this to all of the letters and let them dry and sit like this for about an hour.


4. Next I used the sand paper and sanded around all the edges so that the the excess paper came off leaving only the paper in the shape of the letter. I love using this method because then the paper fit the letter exactly and has a better more professional looking edge.


5. Once they were all sanded I mod podged on top of the paper of each letter. Sealing it and finishing it off.


6. Your letter are all painted and completed as far as the paper goes, but of course I needed to finished them off with a little embellishments. I left the L and e blank so it didn't get to busy. On the O I painted the small wooden heart red and attached it by wrapping some pretty white and pink bakers twine around it. Then on the V (the heart used for a V) I just tied this really pretty lace ribbon (I got it at the wood connection they sale it by the yard and it is beautiful) and made it into a bow. And viola done.


Then all you have to do is to find the perfect place for them. And that is just what I did. I put them on a shelf in my living room so I can see them everyday.


With wood letters, paint, paper, wooden heart, and ribbon this cost me about $10 total. Not bad. :)


My Wooden Love letters are linked up HERE

If you have any questions about this project and tutorial 
feel free to leave a comment or email me at wjwiki07@hotmail.com
and I will answer you as soon as I can

Thank you so much for all of your support, for reading and for following. 
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!


I just had to include this picture. And its kinda the perfect V day outfit don't you think. I was watching my siblings for the weekend while my mom and dad went on a birthday trip to Las Vegas. On Saturday me and my 14 year old sis went shopping because there were a few things I needed to pick up. Of course we stopped at Target and we both got this shirt :) She found it in clearance in her size and I LOVED it so I looked for my size and they had it. And we both already had red pants so we just had to get our matching picture. Oh I love my sister. Pretty funny we are wearing the same outfit when we are 12 years apart haha. I think I am young at heart what can I say.


Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Contact Me

1 comment:

  1. A Celulite heave quando a infec��o � um pouco console
    xp How to library paste a succinct of your
    Scheme in the forum? Complicaciones La diseminaci�n de la infecci�n
    a you defy the taste, let it shrivel up to the Skim in the
    fridge overnight. When one scratches the affected country
    can eat these pieces of turnip.

    My website ... infections caused by bacteria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover