Monday, December 12, 2011

Motivate Me Monday- Pushups

I am so so excited for today's Motivate Me Monday
It is such a good motivator for me and hopefully
I am helping and motivating you as well

Link up and tell us what is going on in your fitness journey 
even if it isn't this weeks challenge we want to hear what is on your mind
about your health and fitness
we want to see your accomplishments
or help you through your challenges

Thank you thank you ladies 
for linking up last week
and for sharing your fitness and health goals/tips and tricks
You all really motivate me to want to do better
Photobucket

with MEAshley and Amanda

Today's Challenge/ Topic is:
see how many pushups you can do at one time

So how did I do?
I got up to doing 40  consecutive pushups this week
Normal I don't do them consecutively
I will do 5 sets of 10 pushups in between
my arms exercises
but this week I wanted to see how many I could do in a row 
and I totally got up to 40!

Now lets make sure we all know how to do a proper pushup
 How to do a proper pushup:
1. Place your toes and hands on the floor,
making sure your back and arms are straight.
Keep your hands slightly more than shoulder-width apart
and tighten your abdominal muscles

2. Inhale as you lower yourself to the floor,
stopping as your elbows reach a 90-degree bend.
Keep your body from touching the floor
3. Exhale and push yourself away from the floor
Don't lock your elbows, and don't bend your back
4. Repeat several sets 

Second, lets talk about the benefits of pushups:


Pushups offer the advantages of stretching,
weightlifiting and cradiovascular
all in one exercise

 Pushups help to get more toned
shoulders, trunk, butt
upper and lower body



Pushups increase abdominal and hip stability

A workout program with Pushups work on
large numbers of muscle groups 
and helps to retain whole body fitness

 Pushups actively work the chest, tricepts
and deltoids together with stretching of
back and the biceps

Pushups are a great exercise for the abdominals
and lower back muscles
and also works for the quadriceps

Third, There are so many different forms and types of pushups
all variations of the military pushup


 Diamond pushups


Clap/plyometric pushups


 Incline pushups


Decline pushups


 Handstand pushups


a good variation on the handstand push up
is a mountain push up


Stability pushups


 Under/over pushups


 Spiderman Pushups


T-pushups


Tip: put something close to the ground under your nose
and touch your nose to it each time you go down
to make sure you are going low enough with each rep


If you're serious about increasing your strength,
follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on
your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!
Think there's no way you could do this? I think you can!
All you need is a good plan, plenty of discipline 
and about 30 minutes a week to achive this goal!
Check it out at hundredpushups.com
 I challenge you to do this challenge with me
Don't you love when Babies start doing the baby pushup right before they start to crawl
adorable
we were meant to push up!

This WEEK:
I only worked out 1 days this week
Seriously horrible right
My hubby has two weeks of law school finals 
last week was his first week
And I kinda feel like finals affect our whole family
I just never seemed to find the time to go
I wanted TY to study, not have to watch Maddux while I worked out
I know I know I should have worked out at home
and I was planing on it 
but then on Thursday I hurt my stinkin knee again
I fell with Maddux in my arms 
and put my knee down so I wouldn't fall on him 
and it was a straight on blow to the cement basement floor
so I had to give my knee a break for a few days
Because it was killing me!
But I am planning on going today with full force 
with a better week in mind
I am only looking forward!
Monday: Run 5 miles, arms, legs and abs
I am happy about running 5 miles and
I did it in 43 minutes
on a 7.0 mile an hour speed


My Goals This Next Week:
 1. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day 
(I know I put this every week but I want to continue 
to drink enough water)

3.  eat more fruits and veggies each day
4. do at least 25 push ups a day
5. workout 4 times this week
6. Run 5 miles at least twice this week

Next weeks Challenge/ Topic
share how they are doing staying away from Christmas treat temptations and maybe share a healthy version of a Christmas treat that we can make and not feel so guilty!!!
Now Link up and share how you did on the pushup challenge
what are your goals? how are you doing?
Grab the button and follow along with Ashley and Amanda!
Our goal is to help motivate each other! So let's have fun and get motivated!
Share anything you want! Or ask us questions and we'll help find an answer!





2 comments:

  1. Love all the different push ups!! I've tried the over/under before and I am just not coordinated enough lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that is so funny that you know Kirk and Kelli! It is such a small world! But I love your MMM posts. You inspire me so much to get my butt in shape and run a lot more! 5 miles in 43 minutes is AWESOME! It takes me 40 minutes to run 4 miles haha! At least I'm running though right? I will work on getting faster:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover