Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nautical State Love Block {Tutorial}


July is one of my favorite times of year. It has also become one of my favorite months to create and decorate for. I was so excited when I saw this adorable simple little wooden Utah block at the wood connection last week. I just had to have it and it was only a couple of bucks. I knew just what I wanted to do. Simple but bring the statement I wanted across. My love for where I live for not only my country but my state! Utah's birthday is also in July so it was fun to add it to the Americana decor. 

 {Supplies I Used}

-Utah Wooden Block {The Wood connection}
-Small wooden heart {The Wood Connection}
-Scrap book paper {I used blue and white stripes}
-Sponge brushes
-Blue paint 
-Red paint
-Mod podge 
-Sand paper 
-Hot glue gun 
{What I did}

-First I painted the sides and the back of the block blue. I painted two coats and it was a color that matched or at least close to the blue stripes on the paper. Don't bother painted the front of the block it will be covered by paper.

-Once the paint was dry I moved onto the mod podge. Make sure to cover the whole front making sure it is smooth. 


-Then you are going to place your paper on top letting it dry completely. Once it is all dry and stuck on there really good you are going to sand off the edges.Then you will brush on the mod podge on top.

-While the top coat is drying I moved onto the little heart. Simple paint it red then once that is dry, I used some blue paint to distress the edges. 


Lastly hot glue that little pretty heart on there and your done. 

Pretty right?! I can't wait to get this up on a shelf next to the rest of my red, white and blue decor. 
How do you show love for your state?


Linked up HERE

Thank you for your support, for reading and for following
Make sure to check out my other social media sites below to stay up to date
 I would love to follow back
{Links below}
Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Contact Me

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover