Friday, October 18, 2013

Awesome Tunes {Sharing what I love}

So here I am last night, sitting on my couch at 10:00 pm,  listening to some great tunes. The boys are in bed and I am just waiting for hubby to get home from work while I write a post for today. This post however is nothing like how it started. Oh no originally I was just going to share with you a bunch of STUFF that I am loving lately. Ya know I love it gotta share it kinda thing. Well then as I was listening to music I was loving my playlists so much I just had to share some of my favs with you. So today you are gonna get some songs I am loving lately and you will get that "other post" another day. This is much more important. Or fun or urgent whatever you choose. Just felt like it was a good idea so I am rolling with it, so HERE we go in no particular order. Enjoy, download whatever you choose.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
Wake Me Up- Avicii

I don't even know what to say about this song it doesn't need any explanations, it is just amazing. His voice is Perfection, the beat is perfect, the lyrics are amazing and I love that it is something that I feel like I can relax to, dance to and workout to. What songs can you relax and workout to??? Crazy but that is just how ridiculous it is. In a good way of course. It has a lot of cool messages in it. My favorite line is "I try carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands."  and "Life is a game made for everyone and love is the prize." I seriously get chills. 

Royals- Lorde 

Ella has the most gorgeous, unique and mature voice. And this song is just genius all around. Catchy, powerful, and for some reason it totally reminds me of Gossip Girl. Any other GG fans out there. It is totally Jenny Humphrey's theme song. Did you know she is only 16? She was 15 when she recorded this song. What?! Some people are just s talented its unbelievable. Keep them comin girl!

Not Over You- Gavin Degraw

Oh Gavin Degraw this song, your voice it all brings me back to my Junior year in high school through my college years. Gavin sang the theme song for One Tree Hill. I loved his voice from the start, loved the show and so it is just a perfect combination and I will go back in my memories anytime. Thanks Gavin those were some great years. Isn't it crazy how a song, or voice can just open the flood gates of memories? Pretty awesome if you ask me. Music is amazing. Plus this song is an Aplus.
Roar- Katy Perry 

What a powerful song. Weird video but it is worth it to listen. I seriously feel like a brand new women after hearing this song. I am strong. I can do anything. I am a fighter. I listen to it when I clean, when I am writing, and my favorite time is when I need a good pumping up during a Crossfit or running session. Katy Perry I have a girl Crush on you!

Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke 

Love it! So sue me. It is super catchy, I love his high fluctuations in his voice and it is for sure a guilty listen of mine. Another great one to workout to. The video is not something I wanna share on here so enjoy this gem instead.

 

I also have a not so secret crush on Jimmy Fallon {You're allowed to have crushes on famous people they don't count...hubby knows and approves} so of course I had to share this one.

Demons-Imagine Dragons

Loving this new hit by Imagine Dragons. They were in Utah recently and I am super sad we missed it, next time. Did you know that the lead singer met the drummer at BYU! GO BYU! cool huh. I don't know why but I get so excited when a band I love has Utah ties makes me love them even more. Its like we have an instant connection. lol.  oh and they live in  Las Vegas, hey maybe ill just casually run into them while I am down there visiting my family. Ya know, no big deal. If you can't tell I kinda get obsessed with music. Since I have been a mom it is a little more mellow, but in college I was going to concerts all the time, and just obsessed. 

Red Hands- Walk off the Earth


You can just never go wrong with a little indie Rock in your life, Just sayin. Awesome song, awesome video, love their style, love their voices, love everything about this group.

Counting Stars- One Republic
 

One Republic has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I really love how versatile they are. They seem to always be evolving.I think I love this song so much because the lyrics speak to me in my life right now. I am constantly losing sleep over our dreams for our family, what we can be, what our future holds, am constantly praying hard and HOPE is OUR four letter word. Meant for me I tell ya!

Cups-Anna Kendrick

Love pitch perfect, I have never laughed so hard in a movie. I have never watch a movie so many times with it never getting old. I love this song and I love Anna's voice.

Gone Gone Gone- Phillip Phillips


Phillip oh Phillip how I love you, your voice, your musicality, your lyrics goodness you do it over and over again, just keep them coming friend. I hope to be this type of companion to Ty. To always be there for him no matter what, do whatever it takes to make him happy, do anything and everything for him and never never leave. And of course hope he keeps doing it for me too. Perfect marriage song. It takes work but it is so worth it.  My heart will never stop beating for you babe, if you are reading this! Shout out I LOVE you! Sorry not sorry for the sappiness.

So there you have it, some of my favorite songs right now. Of course not all of them...I have way too many but I will share the others with you another time. Download them you won't be sad you did. 

HAPPY FRIDAY!
HAPPY WEEKEND!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND TO ME!
Love music, love what it does for my spirits, love this beautiful life, love you all!
 
Follow me on Instagram its a party over there
@WHITNEYULRICH
to see all my fun pics, my real life, fitness, fashion ideas
 and sneak peaks of what I've been working on

Thank you for your support, for reading and for following
Make sure to check out my other social media sites and follow along
{Links below}

Twitter Subscribe Pinterest Facebook Etsy Shop Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Contact Me

3 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for some new tune-age. Thanks for sharing! I will have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only head a couple of these. I will have to listen to them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover