Thursday, October 6, 2011

Guest Post- For Mamas

 Today we are lucky enough to 
Here from a guest blogger 
Chrissy!
So everyone get excited, sit for a while 
and read this fab tutorial
Your gonna love it
Take it away Chrissy....

I'm Chrissy, the mama in charge @ http://formamas.blogspot.com/.
I've only been married a little over a year, but I've been a mama for 5 amazing years!
I started my blog for the soul purpose to share lessons I've learned, give advice to mamas, or mamas-to-be, and to get advice back. 

I remember when I found my very first tutorial.
It was a total accident
But I was hooked, immediately.
I couldn't get over all of the DIYs I found; that I could actually, probably do!!
And the recipes...I don't even have to explain myself there!


Now, My blog is still about mommy hood, but I've incorporated DIY, recipes, and tons of
tips I have "borrowed" from my fellow bloggers (:
I love blogging. I love hearing from people
Other mamas.
It never gets old.


Here is what I want to share with you today


Wanna make your OWN Kitchen Sink Stand??
What it takes:

     and...
 your choice of stock paper $.49 {Hobby Lobby}
 black spray paint {I already had}
Mod Podge {I already had}
Craft bond glue, or any strong craft glue {I already had}
Spray paint the piece of wood & candlestick holder with primer
Let dry for about 10 minutes & then spray paint them with 2 thin layers of black spray paint {or your color choice}

   After the black spray paint dries, it's time to mod podge your stock paper! 


Put a good coat of Mod Podge on your piece of wood, then place the paper on top, and put another layer of Mod Podge.
{It will dry clear}
Once your Mod Podge is dry,
glue your candlestick holder to the bottom of your wood with craft bond glue, gorilla glue, or any strong glue that works for you 

I let it dry overnight.
The next day, I just found a few things I had next to the sink & put them on the stand.
And added a little fall decor as well (:
VOILA!

And it cost me just $3{our of pocket}!!

 Hi it's Whitney!
Isn't that such a AMAZING idea!
Chrissy Thank you so much for your fun 
unique and fabulous cake stand turned 
sink stand tutorial
I love this idea so much
I think I am going to follow your amazing tutorial 
and make one for myself 
Make sure to go and check out her blog and 
give her some love :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Definitely going to have to give it a try. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post! You asked if I would come share a project....I haven't done one in awhile but my daughter did some great pumpkins yesterday and I will tell her about your blog. She is new at it and mostly does crafts. Her blog is www.52mantels.blogspot.com.

    Susan @ Permanent Posies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Thank you so much for having me!! If you ever get a chancw to make your own kitchen sink stand, I'd love to see it!! (:

    Have a great weekend!

    Chrissy @ ForMamas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover